About the Consortium and Florida’s Local Education Foundations
The CFEF maximizes the individual and collective strength of Florida local education foundations to support local partners and schools.
- Florida’s local education foundations serve as the conduit for private sector investment and community involvement in our public schools.
- Out of 67 county-wide school districts, 64 have active affiliated education foundations that are members of the CFEF.
- More than 1,100 community leaders serve on local education foundation boards with 80% of these volunteers from the private sector.
- The CFEF serves as the primary link between local education foundations and regional, statewide, and national partners.
- The CFEF leverages these relationships and creates partnerships with businesses and foundations that impact students in the classroom and strengthens cooperation between the private sector and our public schools through local education foundation initiatives.
Our member education foundations raise $63 million annually to support initiatives that increase student achievement in Florida! They invest in programs not funded through tax dollars, including student scholarships, mentoring and other drop-out prevention strategies, teaching innovation and recognition programs, classroom grants, college readiness and access programs, literacy improvement strategies, technical/career education initiatives, and targeted support for low-performing students and schools.